Episode 1 of The Game before the Money podcast introduces the new program and announces our first guests. We are about the podcast, which will feature pro and college football legends and others associated with the history of the game. Listen to the introductory episode below, as host Jackson Michael describes what to expect in the upcoming weeks.
The show officially launches in September 2018. Early guests will include:
- Legendary Nebraska coach Tom Osborne (who also briefly played in the NFL), combing through nooks and crannies of Nebraska football history.
- Dallas Cowboy Chad Hennings will discuss winning three Super Bowls with Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin, as well as his time in the U.S. Air Force.
- Pete Koch will tell you what it’s like to be a first-round draft pick, and also what it’s like to play next to Howie Long. He also starred in the Clint Eastwood movie Heartbreak Ridge.
- Ron McDole, who anchored championship defensive lines for both the Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins. He lets us in on key discoveries the Washington coaching staff made before Super Bowl 7 that led to the famous Garo Yepremian mishap.
- Upton Bell will share memories of his father, Bert Bell, who founded the Philadelphia Eagles and served as NFL commissioner in the 1940s and 50s. Upton made his own history by working in the Colts front office, helping build the teams that appeared in Super Bowls 3 and 5. He also worked as General Manager of the New England Patriots.
The podcast is made possible by NBAutographs.com — where you can purchase autographed memorabilia from pro athletes and actors.